Pages

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Frozen Eggs?



On the weekend i followed a link and discovered this amazing blog.  What an adventure they've had.  I know that Leigh has just released a book (which i intend to buy) but like those movies that come from books i always want to see/read the original medium first. Isn't that what the writer intended? I've gone all the way back to her first post in 2009 when they first acquired the old rundown property.  This has been very enjoyable and its packed with interesting recipes and lessons learned.  



I came across this post on Jan 23 2011.  Well i never.  Frozen eggs?  Since i don't have my girls anymore i'm posting this for my friends with chickens for when they have the inevitable glut.



5 Acres & A Dream: Cooking With My Frozen Eggs



Thanks for visiting Living In The Land of Oz



5 comments:

  1. No that's wrong! To freeze eggs, never heard for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As i said in my sms, i think this would be of great benefit to those in North who get snowed in for winter or those that are self sufficient without outside income and need to provide for all year round. It may not be our way of life but hey, i didnt even know it was possible. Interesting Huh!

      Delete
  2. Glut? I would be happy if mine would just lay at the moment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poor girls are all confused by the weather. Ella thought hers had stopped and then she found 16 behind a piece of iron leaning on the fence.
      You should check out her naked neck chick. Seriously cute.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lynda, so glad this was useful for you. And thanks for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I enjoy making connections with my readers. Hope you enjoyed your visit.